Designed for food aficionados and travelers who want to get to the heart of a culture through its cuisine, this richly detailed and well-researched culinary travel guidebook explains how to find the most delicious, authentic, and adventurous eating experiences in Portugal.
- "It is compact, well written, and brims with useful info, a perfect glove compartment traveling companion for those driving about my favorite foreign country." Jean Anderson, author of The Food of Portugal.
- "Award-Winning" The Eat Smart series, including Eat Smart in Portugal, has just been awarded 2018 First Prize/Best in the World in the "Series" category at the Gourmand Awards in China.
Eat Smart in France was named a finalist in the 2011 Indie Book Awards, finalist in the 2011 USA Book News Book of the Year awards, finalist in the 2010 ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year awards, and received Honorable Mention in the Eric Hoffer Award competition.
- The slender, easy-to-pack volume offers a fabulous overview for those who want to “get to the next level” at the French table. A few well-chosen recipes will help you bring France to your table once home.” –Wini Moranville, author of The Bonne Femme Cookbook: Simple, Splendid Food That French Women Cook Every Day
- "Absolutely delicious, cover to cover.” –Kris Kalav, The Beerman Chronicles
- "You know how it is when a book becomes both beloved and irreplaceable. This is one of of THOSE books.” –Jessie Voigts, Wandering Educators